Search

Sign up for my Newsletter


Find my kits here

CDOBlinkie

Tasha's Playground Fan Page

My Personal CT

gimptasticblinkieKiyaDesignBLschnTonyasTemptationsvi-viBKCDESIGNSBLINKIE-1IPDBLINKIEMILLIEKIT14-vi

Followers

Thursday, April 12, 2012
Supplies:
Kit- The Darkest Night by Gothic Inspirations. You can download this kit from her blog here
Tube- This beautiful tube by Michael Calandra can be purchased at PTE with a valid license on  April 13, 2012
Mask- Mask 13 by Savage here
Font- Xtreem or font of choice
Photoshop CS5 or program of choice
I use a Mac, so when I use Command you may need to use Ctrl

Here we go :)

Open a new canvas 700x700

Open paper 4 on your canvas.
Open frame 2 and center over paper.
Activate your magic wand tool (w) and click inside frame.
Select>Modify>Expand by 3. Select>Inverse.
Hit delete on paper layer. Deselect.

Open frame 4 and place to left of frame 2. 
Angle slightly to the left. 
Add paper 3 using the steps above, but don't deselect yet.
Position close up of tube in frame 2, hit delete.
Deselect and change tube blend mode to Luminosity, Opacity 70%.
Open layer styles and add a drop shadow to both of your frames.

From bottom to top, add the following elements to your tag.
Resize and drop shadow as needed.
moon
fern- duplicate, flip horizontal, flip vertical, reposition
moss
leaves- duplicate, flip horizontal, reposition
charm
rose- duplicate, reposition
lamp

Now let's get our mask ready! Open your mask on a new canvas.
Add a new layer above it, and flood fill with color of choice, 
or use a paper from kit (I used paper 2).
Make sure your mask layer is activated and Command+A to Select All, Command+C to Copy.
Activate the paper layer, hit Q to turn on Quick Mask mode.
Command+V to paste the mask..it should now be tinted red.
Hit Q to turn off Quick Mask mode and there should now be marching ants on your canvas.
Hit the Add Layer Mask button at the bottom of the layer palette (rectangle  with the circle in it)
Right click- convert to smart object
Right click- Rasterize layer
Drag completed mask to your tag canvas as the bottom layer
Resize it if needed.

Crop, trim and resize your tag.
Add license and copyright info.
Add name with a 1px stroke.
Merge, save as PNG, enjoy :)

Thanks for trying my tut! If you have any questions or would like to show me your results, feel free to email me: bananas_68@yahoo.com 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! This is gorgeous! Hugs, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kewl tut. I'm ex-Army - please send an "atta boy" to your husband for me, and thanks for defending this great country of ours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, I love this tutorial, you did an fantastic job. going to give it a whirl. Thanks for sharing your creativity Deb

    ReplyDelete

My Blinkies

Tashablinkieballoontashablinkietashasblinkietashahalloweenblinkie

I Get Creative For

gimptasticblinkieTSCTBlinkie_byCCO4

Leave me some love

Blog Archive

About Me