Search

Sign up for my Newsletter


Find my kits here

CDOBlinkie

Tasha's Playground Fan Page

My Personal CT

gimptasticblinkieKiyaDesignBLschnTonyasTemptationsvi-viBKCDESIGNSBLINKIE-1IPDBLINKIEMILLIEKIT14-vi

Followers

Saturday, April 7, 2012
Supplies:
Kit- I'm using Topcat Tagz FTU "Summer Heat" kit from the Misfits blog here
Tube- This stunning tube by Anna Liwanag will be available for purchase at PTE on April 9, 2012.
Mask- Mask308 from weescotslass creations here (links are on the right of her blog)
Font- Before the Rain or font of choice
Photoshop CS5 or program of choice
I use a Mac so when I use Command, you may need to use Ctrl
Here we go :)

Open a new canvas 750x750
Open element 7 and place towards the bottom of the canvas, left side.
Command+J to duplicate. Edit>Transform>Flip Horizontal,
 reposition copy layer to right side of canvas.
Open element 28 and center over sand.
Using your magic wand tool (w), click inside the frame.
Select>Modify>Expand by 5px.
Add paper of choice as a new layer under frame. I used paper 16.
Select>Inverse, hit delete on paper layer. Deselect. 
Now add some elements from the kit.
Resize and drop shadow as you go along.
From bottom to top I used:
49
26
50
19
15
36
25
Add your tube directly above layer 19 and drop shadow.

Now let's get our mask ready! Open your mask on a new canvas.
Add a new layer above it, and flood fill with color of choice, 
or use a paper from kit (I used paper 11).
Make sure your mask layer is activated and Command+A to Select All, Command+C to Copy
Activate the paper layer, hit Q to turn on Quick Mask mode
Command+V to paste the mask..it should now be tinted red
Hit Q to turn off Quick Mask mode and there should now be marching ants showing the mask outline
Hit the Add Layer Mask button at the bottom of the layer palette (rectangle  with the circle in it)
Right click- convert to smart object
Right click- Rasterize layer
Drag completed mask to your tag canvas as the bottom layer


Now crop, trim and resize your tag. 
I crop a little bit first to get rid of any drop shadows along the edge of the canvas.
Add your copyright and license info.
Add name and any text.
Merge, save as PNG and enjoy :)

Thank you for trying my tut! If you have any questions or would like to show me your results, feel free to email me: bananas_68@yahoo.com 

2 comments:

  1. Awwww really wanted to try this fantastic tut but the scrap kit is no longer avaliable just thought i would let you know hun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey CupCakes, I just went to download it and it's still working fine for me! Make sure you're hitting the preview for Topcat Tagz (the 2nd preview), because the kit above it is the one that is no longer valid! Hope you get it :o)

    ReplyDelete

My Blinkies

Tashablinkieballoontashablinkietashasblinkietashahalloweenblinkie

I Get Creative For

gimptasticblinkieTSCTBlinkie_byCCO4

Leave me some love

Blog Archive

About Me