Search

Sign up for my Newsletter


Find my kits here

CDOBlinkie

Tasha's Playground Fan Page

My Personal CT

gimptasticblinkieKiyaDesignBLschnTonyasTemptationsvi-viBKCDESIGNSBLINKIE-1IPDBLINKIEMILLIEKIT14-vi

Followers

Saturday, April 14, 2012
Supplies-
Kit: I'm using a super cute kit by Soxsational Scraps called Oh Bug Off. You can find this kit at Designer Scraps here
Mask: Splatter Mask by Sue from the Misfits blog here
Font: Susie's Hand or font of choice
Photoshop CS5 or program of choice
I use a Mac, so when I use Command you may need to use Ctrl

Here we go :)

Open a new canvas 700x700, transparent background.
Open Frame 1 and place in center of canvas.
Below the frame, place the following elements from bottom to top
(resize and drop shadow as you go along and refer to my tag for placement):
paper 8
sun
forest- Edit>Transform>Flip horizontal
forest 2
Now activate your magic wand tool (w) and click inside the frame.
Select>Modify>Expand by 5. Select>Inverse.
Click on each of your element layers and hit delete.
This will get rid of excess pieces outside the frame. 

Now place one of the grass mounds in front of the frame (I used mound 1), 
duplicate, resize and flip it and place the copy directly behind the frame.
Use your eraser tool to get rid of any any parts of the copy that are showing inside the frame. 
Add the stool element to the left side of the frame and sit the girl on it. 
Now decorate your tag with elements from the kit.
Resize, angle and drop shadow as you go along.
From bottom to top I used:
flower 7
flower 4
bucket
jar 2
bug- 24, 23, 20, 16, 15, 11, 9, 6, 5, 1

Now let's get our mask ready! Open your mask on a new canvas.
Add a new layer above it, and flood fill with color of choice, 
or use a paper from kit (I used paper 5).
Make sure your mask layer is activated and Command+A to Select All, Command+C to Copy.
Activate the paper layer, hit Q to turn on Quick Mask mode.
Command+V to paste the mask..it should now be tinted red.
Hit Q to turn off Quick Mask mode and there should now be marching ants on your canvas.
Hit the Add Layer Mask button at the bottom of the layer palette (rectangle  with the circle in it)
Right click- convert to smart object
Right click- Rasterize layer
Drag completed mask to your tag canvas as the bottom layer
Resize it if needed.

Crop, trim and resize your tag.
If you used a tube not provided in the kit, add your license and copyright info.
If you didn't, add the kit info :)
Add name and any text.
Merge, save as PNG, enjoy!

Thank you for trying my tut! If you have any questions or would like to show me your results, feel free to email me- bananas_68@yahoo.com 

2 comments:

My Blinkies

Tashablinkieballoontashablinkietashasblinkietashahalloweenblinkie

I Get Creative For

gimptasticblinkieTSCTBlinkie_byCCO4

Leave me some love

Blog Archive

About Me